Comcast is a renowned brand for offering the internet service to the users in the US. Along with this service, the company is also providing networking hardware like router and modem. You can rent out the router if you don’t have a separate or independent router.
If you avail of any internet plan from Comcast Xfinity, you are entitled to get Xfinity Gateway 3 router which can be easily configured on the network. The amazing thing about this router is that you can configure it even with other popular brands of modem like Motorola, Netgear, TP-link, and Xfinity itself.
Xfinity has developed a line of routers for its users in recent years. If you are planning or considering this aesthetically designed brand of routers, then the login steps along with the configuration process have been discussed here. The quick guide to login to the router is discussed here as under:
How to login to the Xfinity router?
- Connect the device to the router. You can either use the wired or wireless connection for connecting the laptop to the router.
- Open the Xfinity default router login page from the web browser. If you don’t know the default IP address, you can simply check from the bottom of the hardware. By default, it is 10.0.0.1.
In case this IP address doesn’t load on your web browser, anything to worry just go to the router’s web interface and follow the steps given below:
- From the web-interface page, you need to enter the ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ in the given fields. If you are using an old router, then enter the new username and password configured by you earlier.
- When you press ‘Enter’, the router’s web page will appear. If you are not able to login successfully, then check the username and password carefully for any spelling mistakes.
Default Xfinity router login for Wi-Fi device
When you purchase an Xfinity router, it comes with default username which is admin and password ‘Password’. By using these credentials, you can easily login. It is suggested to change the default Xfinity router login credentials as these can be easily cracked by hackers. They know how to find the default login details of any router.
How to configure the router?
If you want to change the router username and password and configure the router, then follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Connect the device to the router. The connection must be physically established. You can use the Ethernet cable to connect the router to the computer.
- Login to the web-based interface using the default login credentials. From the ‘Wizard’ you will find the ‘Router password’ change panel. If you want, you can keep the password as it is and proceed with the setup. If you want, you can keep a strong password.
How to reset the Xfinity router?
Once in a blue moon, you may come across a situation when you have to reset the Xfinity router. The circumstances under which you need to reset Xfinity router are:
- Forgotten router password.
- Router login credentials hacked.
- Router error
The simple steps by performing which you can easily reset the Xfinity router are:
- Search for the reset button from the back of your Xfinity router hardware.
- With the help of sharp tip pen or pencil, press the reset button for 10 seconds or till the power light blinks.
Power cycling your device: Powercycle refers to restarting the device by disconnecting the power cable and connect it again after a gap of 1 minute. The power cycling helps in refreshing the memory of a device and also clears the RAM.
Apart from this, the additional benefits of powercycling the device include:
- It helps in bringing the device back to its normal condition.
- If there is any connectivity problem or the internet connection is not available on other devices that are connected to the router, then restarting can solve the intermittent connection issues.
- It can enhance the life of a router or you can say restarting clears the cache and temporary storage of a router, so your router performance won’t degrade even after long.